Tuesday, August 14, 2007

It's been a year...

Well, as of today, it's been exactly one year since my mom was diagnosed with brain cancer. I was dreading this day. I remember every detail about finding out the bad news. It feels like it happened so recently, but it feels like ages since I've seen her.
This was my mom! Her name was Peri and she was everything to me! She was a loving mother of 4 and she served the Lord and she taught me everything I know.
My mom wasn't just anyone... She was the most amazing woman I have ever known. She was such a hard worker and she devoted much of her time to Bible studies. She gave up her high-paying career to stay home and homeschool my sister and me. She sacrificed her life for us. She was a true example of what "dying to self" means.




When Mom got sick, it was so awful, but I know it's all part of God's plan for my life. I can't be selfish. She is where she wants to be right now. She is "Dancing With Angels"! :D



After Mom started treatments and things, her appearance slowly started to change. Even though she lost some hair and her face was swollen, she was still just as beautiful to me!



My Mom enjoyed cooking, cleaning, sewing, quilting, canning, anything that she could do out of the home. She also loved cutting grass. I always remember she accidentally cutting down some trees on accident by running them over. It was kind of funny!


My mom was and still is my role model! I want to be just like her someday.









My mom was truly amazing! My heart aches for her... but not for long because one day, I'll be with her again!

5 comments:

Scottie Moser said...

It hurts so much when the Lord has to take something or someone away from us. But we know that He has a reason, and that someday we'll see that today's grief can't compare with tomorrow's blessings.

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now. And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.
(Romans 8:18-25, ESV)

Joseph Wilson said...

Wow. I had no idea. I guess that's just God's grace showing in your life. I must say, I completely agree what Scottie had to say.

I know there's not really anything I can say, except that I'll pray for you and your family. May the Lord bless you as seek His will for your life through this time. God bless.

In HIM,
Joseph<><

Jon M-V said...

Its good to see that you and your family are trusting God every day.

Morgan said...

Oh Mandy, I know you must miss your mama so much. I wish I could give you and Danielle a hug...I'll be praying for you guys! Love you!

The DCFM Blog said...

It's been so long since I've been here, so this is really late but...

Yes, Scottie said it so well. You girls are a testimony for the Lord by your submissive faith in His sovereign will. My heart aches when I see those pictures, 'cause it reminds me of when my mom was like that, and I wish I could do something that would spare you from all the pain you've known this past year. But God is good all the time, and He has loved you in what He has done, and it's beautiful how you have just trusted and loved Him back.

Love you two,
Kay