Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My Graduation

Well, with the Lord's help, I finally made it through school and I graduated on June 3, 2007. That was a very hard day for me. About a week before graduation, Danielle (my sister) was telling my dad that about a week before my mom died, she was saying that she had to get better because she had to get on stage and hand me my diploma for graduation. Hearing that just crushed me. I wasn't apart of that conversation when it took place so I didn't know that. That made graduation day very very hard. I couldn't stop crying before we had to walk down the aisle. Some really good friends of mine had some very comforting things to say and they were there for me throughout the whole thing. I never realized how hard something like that would be.
After I was able to stop crying, seconds before walking down the aisle, the ceremony went pretty well. All 5 of us graduates had so speak in front of everyone whether it was introducing guest speakers, announcers, giving the speech or anything else. That was hard for me, but I made it through, but barely! :)
Also, I had to play a trio with Stephen and Gorden. I played guitar and they played violin. We played the hymn, "To God Be the Glory." When we practiced prior to the ceremony, it sounded really bad. I'm not sure why, but it did. At the ceremony, everyone said it sounded really good, so praise the Lord for that! I was surprised.
After the ceremony we had set up tables of things that describe us and pictures and different things like that. It was a good time to visit with everyone who came to the ceremony.

Then, after the reception everyone came over to our house for a party!!!! That went okay. We played volleyball a lot, but there were too many people to get a real game going.
So, the whole day was a trial in itself and I'm glad it's over, but I'm really glad I followed through with it and didn't back out. I almost did before walking down the aisle, but I remembered that one of the things my mom included in things she wanted to see before she died was my graduation. So, although she didn't make it, I had to do my part and go through with it.

Then, just last weekend, (July 14th) I had another graduation party with my dad's side of the family. It was fun. We played volleyball most of the time. I had a really neat cake! My step-mom designed it and had a lady she knows make it. There was a lot of thought put into it. I was so greatful for that.

3 comments:

Scottie Moser said...

I'm glad the Lord helped you through it, sis.

Isaiah 55:8-9

Jon M-V said...

Congrats on graduating!
Glad to see that the Lord helped you through the ceremony.

G. I. Joe Live said...

Hey, Congrats! :D