Monday, July 16, 2007

Trip to Oklahoma!


About 2 weeks ago, our family took a trip to Guthrie, Oklahoma to visit some very close friends of ours, the Naylors. My step-dad was able to meet the rest of their family since he'd only met 4 of them prior. We had such a great visit with them. We did all kinds of fun things together and just had a really nice and encouraging time!



Sarah, me, and Tera at Fireworks!

When we arrived we started out by playing volleyball. They Naylors were having their friends over as usual and we joined in. It was a lot of fun. I was also able to meet a friend of mind that I had met online, and finally got to meet her in person. The second day that we were there, it was the 4th of July! Tera and Sage at Fireworks!
We had a really delicious meal for dinner and a very fancy red, white, and blue dessert and some homemade ice cream! We went to a parking lot to watch a really cool firework display! That was fun. We played a little bit of Frisbee before the show started. Later, during the trip, we went to a baker's house who bakes breads and pizzas and stuff out of his home and sells them. He had a nice commercial kitchen and we bought a little of everything that he had. It was all very delicious. A few of us stayed away from the blue cheese bread though. :D LOL He had a really cool brick


The Baker's Place

oven outside that he would bake things in. It was really neat!
Sage took us into the town of Guthrie to do a little shopping and we went to a coffee shop and that was fun! Sage knew everybody, everywhere we went! That was neat!
Another really fun thing that we did was that we got to go to the ranch where Jesse works and rode horses.
I had never really ever ridden one before so it Me learning how to tie a good knot

was a really neat experience. I knew that I was allergic to horses, but I figured that if I told anyone, they would suggest that I didn't ride, so I never mentioned it, but they found out later when my eyes were swollen and itchy. I was able to work up to a trot!!!! I know that's not much for good riders, but to me it was exciting!!! I had a hard time trying to get my horse to go where I wanted him to go though. I didn't want to kick him since it could hurt him and I figured since I was the one on his back, and he was carrying me, I would let him decide where he wanted to go. Jesse said, "He's got you wrapped around his finger." (or something like that)
Anyway, it was a lot of fun and such a great experience!


Jesse and Me Riding (well I guess posing)

Another neat thing that we did was that we went skeet shooting one morning with some friends of the Naylors. Everyone brought their guns and stuff and we had a good time. Before going to the Naylors, the only guns that I've ever been able to shoot was a 22 rifle and a Bebe gun. Mr. Naylor and John helped me to shoot a 410 and that was so scary. I was really afraid to do it and I finally did it, and I was glad it was over. Then,

Anna, Jeremy, and John at skeet shooting

we went to go skeet shooting and I wanted to shoot, but I was afraid again. Jesse helped me this time and I shot a 20 guage shotgun. Again, it was exciting to do it, but NEVER AGAIN!!! Caleb, Jesse, Anna, and Kate at Shooting
After we went shooting, sometime later in the day, we went to the Davis' for church. We met some really neat people there. Church was really good and everyone had some great things to say.
We had such a great trip and had some really great fellowship time! The Naylors played a few songs for us and that was wonderful to listen to! The Lord has blessed them with such great talent. Now, we're trying to plan a time for them to come here and do a concert. It will probably be in October! :)

We never got a picture with everyone together and I really regret that, but I guess we'll get that next time. Another great part about the trip was being able to have a few conversations with Sage. I love talking to her and I was really glad that we
Me and Sage being funny really late at night!

had some time for that! Whether it was late at night or in the car driving... :) Good conversations!
Well, I guess that's everything pretty much! Well, it's not everything, but it's a few of the highlights! Everything we did was very enjoyable.
Including the video of juggling and cherry swallowing! :) lol

(you can see how swollen my left eye was in the picture from riding the horses. This was about 9 hours later too!)

Okay, well, that's all for now!


John, Me, and Sage hanging out

5 comments:

Scottie Moser said...

Hey, sis! Saw your comment, found your blog, and thought I'd leave a comment myself. :-)

Allergic to horses? No wonder you've been having those sinus headaches.

JessicaLynn said...

Hey Girly!!! I just saw your comment on my blog....i always forget to check it unless i'm planning on updating lol. Forgive me. :) It was sooooo great to meet you also!! It looks like ya'll really had a great time!
Talk to you again soon i hope! Love ya!

Hannah C. said...

Hey!
Yeah had I blast getting to meet you guys! I wished we could have all hanged out longer!

Jon M-V said...

Hey!
I remember that night!lol

I saw the trailer for the movie that your family made. looks really good. It would be great to see it some day.

Looks like you had a great time at the Naylor's house. They are so much fun!

Hey!! said...

Hey Mandy! It was great having you! :D I can't see all the pics for some odd reason??? hmmm... Love ya'!