Sunday, December 2, 2007

2007 Homeschool Christmas Ball

2007 Homeschool Christmas Ball

Well, Just two days ago, I found out about this Christmas ball and how you learn to dance and just have a good time! It sounded like a lot of fun! Danielle was in Mexico so I would have had to go alone, unless I found someone to ride with. The Mckinnons were nice enough to let me ride with them. Having all of this set up, I still wasn't sure if I was going to go. I didn't have a dress. So, yesterday, the day of the ball, I went to several resale shops and finally found a dress that I liked! I had to wait most of the day to decide if I was going to the ball because the weather was really bad. So, after realizing that the weather was safe enough to drive, I went shopping for my dress and realized I didn't have Danielle there to do my hair like she normally would. So, I got on the phone, called the Ascher's and asked them if I could come over with hair accessories and have one of them do my hair. It all ended up working out perfectly with about an hour to sit and relax. It was so fun getting ready and having all the help that I got.

Audra, Cheryl, Kayla, Me, and Bethany
(The only people (and their families) at the ball that I knew)

Then, at the ball, things got delayed since some of the demonstrators were late. So, we ate dinner there and just hung around and talked. Finally, the dancing started. I was in the bathroom with Cheryl so we came out late and we had to be partners since we were the only ones left. I was the guy! :-D "I look much more like a man."

We had to keep partners for the first few dances so Cheryl and I made a great couple. After that, I had a few guys ask me to dance for the rest of the evening, including Johnny Thrower. ;-) It was fun. I had never done any ECD before so I was lost for most of the dances.

One of my partners, Josh, was really good so that was nice to actually look like I knew what I was doing since he knew.

Me, dancing with Josh.


I had another partner, Steve, who had no idea how to do the dances so we made a great pair. We were both able to laugh it off when we messed up.


Steve is in the bright blue shirt.

I had a really great night! It was my first time and I am looking forward to going again next year. Everyone was homeschooled and almost everyone seemed to be "like minded". It was so much fun!



A short clip of some of the dancing can be found here: http://picasaweb.google.com/littlemisstape/GeorgeWashingtonSpectacularChristmasBall/photo?authkey=xXav7GQR9oM#5139298388070927394

That was from when I was with the good dancer! :-D lol

4 comments:

Scottie Moser said...

Wow, looks like you had an awesome time!

You said almost everyone seemed to be "like-minded" ... I guess that means there weren't many Calvinists there? Or you were the odd one out? ;-)

Simply Mandy said...

Ha Ha, "like-minded" meaning Christians with similar morals and standards. LOL

I was the odd one out though. I talked a lot while I danced! :-) lol

A daughter of His said...

Wow! This looked like a lot of fun!

Scottie Moser said...

YAY SPAM!!!
(In reference to above comment)