Monday, September 10, 2007

Trip to Branson!

Well, we made it home from Branson! On the day of the get-together, we planned to meet everyone at noon. Since Danielle and I were staying at an empty house, Rob invited us to come early and help him shop for groceries for lunch. We did that, and we also saw the place he works and the gym he teaches at. It was fun. Since it rained a whole bunch that day, we had to come up with a new plan for our day. We couldn't go camping/swimming anymore. So, Rob, Philip, and I all talked on our phones (3-way calling) and we figured something out. We went to the Landing and started out in Bass Pro Shop, somewhere indoors! :)

Here's a picture of everyone on the 4 wheelers! It was kind of funny!
After walking more at the Landing we just stood around and talked a lot. I guess that that's what us homeschoolers like to do. At every get-together, we do more taking then anything.

James, Rob, Isaac
Christa, Danielle, me, Philip
Rowena, Chloe, Courtney, Linnae, Chanelle


Here, I was trying to stay dry from the rain, which wasn't working by the way, and Linnae decided to take a picture... :-P

Rob, Philip, and me waiting for the light show at the fountain the come on. After all that waiting in the rain, it never ended up coming on. I did give everyone a big scare with the fountain. I wanted to throw a penny in so I got one out and turned around. As soon as I tossed it over my head, my phone started vibrating and ringing... so as I threw the penny I yelled, "My phone." (It scared me, by the vibrating) Everyone looked in the water. They thought I threw my phone. :-) LOL I didn't do it on purpose, but it was funny!

All of us, trying to rock the dock! :) In the rain that is... Everything we did was in the rain, which made me feel gross all day long!

Philip and Rob. (and my water bottle) Linnae took this while we were all in the parking lot. We would just wait to leave, and we ended up talking for about an hour or so before actually leaving.

Linnae, I just couldn't pass up taking this shot! She was just being herself!

Danielle and me. In the rain, drenched.

We ate at Chili's for dinner. The waiter kept having to come and fill up Isaac's water, so he finally brought him out a pitcher with a straw! It gave us all a good laugh!

This was one of the several attempts that I took to get a picture of my end of the table.
Philip, James, Linnae, and me (Danielle didn't make this one)

Philip or Danielle didn't make ths one! :)
Philip took this one and just about got all of us! :)

After we ate, we talked in the parking lot for about an hour, and then Rob and Alyson decided to do some gymnastics. They did hand stands, walkovers, and all kinds of stuff. It was rather funny. They both are talented though.

After about 2 1/2 hours of talking and gymnastics, we finally got together for a group picture!
Rob, Isaac, James, Philip
Danielle, Alyson, Rowena, me, Linnae

After we left the restaurant, we went back to Rob's place and all got online for a short time. We said hi to friends and then we had to head out.
That night, we went to the Neighbor's house to sleep. Isaac drove Danielle and me there since Danielle was too tired to make it that far for how late it was. We slept really well! Then, we went to church with the Neighbor's at James River Assembly church. That was a giant church, but the message was great! On HSA I had talked to "Justin2media" a little bit but never though I'd ever meet him, but he ended up being the guy who films the church service so I met him and he asked if we all wanted to go out to lunch so we went to Braum's.

That was a lot of fun! We ate and talked and it was a nice way to end our trip!
Justin, Philip, Isaac, Brian
Me, Danielle, Linnae

Then, we drove home! It was a fun trip! Very unplanned and spontaneous, but that's good to do every once in a while.

2 comments:

The DCFM Blog said...

Hey! Looks like y'all had way too much fun! :D Glad you had a good trip! The pix are great!

Oh, btw, some of your pix toward the end weren't showing up--not sure if it's me or your site. So fyi. :)

Morgan said...

Wow! It looks like y'all had a marvelous time. :D Great pictures!!!